Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Can you tie it in a knot? Can you tie it in a bow?

Well I think it's time for some boy outfits.  Poor Mr. Man is getting the raw end of the deal, so it's his turn for some new studdly duds.  I love to applique because it's so easy, cheap and it looks like you bought it...
Skinny ties are so cool.

Won't this look great for Halloween?

If you want a quick applique tutorial her it is...
1. print out the pattern you want on cardstock and cut it out
2. stick the cardstock on iron on sticky paper from Joanne's and cut around it
3. peal off the back and stick it on your fabric and cut around it
4. peal off the cardstock and stick the fabric applique on the shirt
5. iron it on

I got the skinny tie download from Trey and Lucy.  I love how it turned out.
I got the fat tie idea from Crap I've Made.  I heart it.





 

Linking up at:



3 comments:

  1. These are really great! It makes me wish I had a boy. I bet there are some cute variations to make a girl's shirt, with some pink sparkly ties or something, lol! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DOING THIS. Like, tonight. I want the skinny tie for a sunday shirt. Call me crazy, but this might be the best thing I have seen all week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry it took me forever to come and look! Darling!

    ReplyDelete