This blog is about our family moving from the PNW to Japan for 3 years. I, Jessica, am a SAHM, my husband is an enginerd, Lady Loo is 8 years old, Mr. Man is 5 years old and The Baby is 2 years old. I can't wait to share our overseas adventures with all of you!
Ok, I'm back. I know. It's been MONTHS. And yet I have new followers! HI! Thanks for joining. I promise to be better about posting! I've just been super lazy. I've been finding great things to try left and right, but I just sat on my butt and didn't do them.
Actually I was working out like a crazy person due to my awesome online trainer. It was taking up all of my craft time, but my belly was starting to get flat! FLAT! It was incredible! But now I'm finding I miss my crafts. So I'm back!
This craft came from Happy Clippings just in time for Lady Loo and I to do for her K teacher and her student teacher. Both wonderful at their "craft". Get it? So keep this in your repertoire (google helps me spell) for next year...or the end of the year!
It looked so much prettier with the flowers in it, but I didn't get a picture with them.
So go check out Happy Clippings to see how to make this. Lady Loo's teachers LOVED it!
I'm BA-AACK! Did you miss me? Well 2 people didn't as they hit the road Jack. Maybe they'll come back when they see this cute cardigan! I got this idea from a fun place called Cut Out + Keep. I couldn't find a cute black cardigan for Lady Loo anywhere under $15 but I did find this very adorable black sweater for $4 at Target and knew I could make a cardigan out of it.
I decided to add a little sass by putting lace on it. I kinda love it. So does Lady Loo! Oh and she thinks I'm the best mom in the whole world. I'm just putting that out in cyber world to come back to me when she is a teen. I'm gonna need those precious moments to keep me from screaming I'm sure! Thanks to Amber for this great tutorial! Have a fab weekend full of awesome cardigans. I vote for cardigans to be in style forever.
Ok, I've been slacking. I will get back to this soon. I just have to find time! I've been working out every night during my normal craft time and I've yet to find a new craft time. Hopefully I can get a few things done this weekend. Sorry! I promise to have some new stuff up SOON! :) Thanks for sticking with me!
I know. I'm obsessed with owls. But seriously this was just too cute to pass up. I got some very plain matching jammies for the kiddos this Christmas and they just needed something. So when I came across this owl applique at Amazing Mae, I just had to do it! I made my own Santa hat and Mrs. Claus hat. It wasn't easy to sew around each little part, but I think it turned out ok. I heart owls!
Sorry I've been MIA for a while, but we've been having just too much fun this Christmas season! I haven't had a minute to even think about this blog. But I finally have a minute right now to tell you what Lady Loo and I made for her teacher this year. I loved this idea from Testosterone Times Three. It was so fun and took only 15 minutes. I did the crayon breaking and gluing and Lady Loo did the placing. We later put it in a frame to make it look a bit nicer. It turned out pretty cute, don't you think? I think her teacher kinda loved it. We also gave her a gift card to a local coffee shop. Merry Christmas everyone! I'll be back after the holidays!
How crazy is that? I guess I must have good taste in blogs because all I do is copy other people! SO all of you that I have copied, congrats...this award is for you! But the condition of this award is to pay it forward to your top 8 favorite blogs.
Here are the official rules
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this.
2. Share 8 things about yourself.
3. Pay it forward to 8 bloggers that you have recently discovered
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their award.
Here my obscure facts are in no particular order...
1. I met my husband when I was 15. We started dating when I was 16. We got married when I was 19. Nope I'm not mormon...just really loved the guy! BUT the thought of Lady Loo marrying at the age of 19 sends me into complete panic! WHAT were we thinking? It's been awesome...but wow. 19 is young.
Prom ages 18 and 17
2. Once upon a time (actually it was just last March) I went to a silent auction and bid on the most amazing thing and WON! What is it you ask? Oh it's only a FREE any size, any kind of, drink EVERY Friday for a YEAR at one of my favorite coffee shops!!!! I get a 24 oz. (yes they have that size and it's AMAZING) iced white mocha. YUM!...
3. Yet, my favorite coffee drink at at Starbucks is a vanilla latte. Weird. I'm an enigma I tell you.
4. When I was in kindergarten, there were only six kids in my class. It was a PUBLIC school. And 1/3 of us had the same name. I was part of that 1/3. Not cool.
5. My brother is quasi-famous. He is in LA to be an actor and has been in a commercial, a movie, a disney show and a disney movie. He supports himself by working at a coffee shop. Lucky.
The Disney movie my bro was an extra in. He said Billy Ray was a really nice guy. He did not ask why he decided to keep his mullet for so long. Mullets were never cool dude.
6. One time I met Eric McCormack and he touched my back and called me sweetheart. True story. I have a picture with him, but I'm too lazy to go find it and scan it on. You'll just have to trust me. It happened.
7. One of our kids came to us by birth and the other through domestic adoption. Our adoption was amazing, but it's never all butterflies and rainbows. Don't believe anyone when they say that. It's messy because my gain was another's loss and there is no comfort in that.
8. We don't have cable. But we just watch our shows the next day on hulu. Right now my favorite shows are in THIS order...1. Community, 2. Modern Family, 3. The Office, 4. 30 Rock, 5. Cougar Town, 6. Chuck, 7. Glee
AND NOW FOR THE TOP 8 BLOGS of 2010...According to ME!
She makes me laugh until I pee. A lot. You will understand what I mean if you go read her 8 things about her. Grab a diaper before your read #3. Seriously. Also she sang at my wedding, so I like her a lot. I have a hilarious video of her talking into the wedding camera. She's always been funny...and stylish.
Oh my word...style? These girls have style coming out of their...um...eyes. They are beautiful talented girls and I want their wardrobe. Most of it is made by them or from amazing sales. Except their shoes. They pay good money for SEXY shoes!
Everything about her blog is stylish. I stole her idea for a dress and made almost the exact same one for my daughter. She even e-mailed me to help me find the fabric. She is so kind and funny and wow...I sound a little creepy and stalkerish. I'm not. I just like her blog that's all. Promise.
Did you know you can SPRAY PAINT SHOES??? Well Dana knew. How cute are those orange shoes? I copy her frequently. I kinda want to steal the faux chenille baby blanket she made. The jewel-toned argyle is so stylish.
SIGH...I'm DONE. This took me like 3 days to do. PHEW. Blogging is exhausting. Not really. I'm sitting on my tush on my comfy couch listening to classical music coming from my husband's computer. He's playing the game winterbells. DO NOT google that sucker. It's addictive, but the music is nice.